Trane Technologies® is a global climate innovator. Through our strategic brands Trane® and Thermo King®, and our portfolio of environmental products and services, we bring efficient and sustainable climate solutions to buildings, homes and transportation.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
Work as a member of the Trane Residential Calibration Test Lab in Tyler, TX.
In general, testing includes the following:
• Perform a variety of electronic components testing.
• Support all test lab activities, lab supervisor, and test lab management (including test engineer)
• Communicate (written and oral) with Test Lab Management team and Lab Quality Manager
• Perform all duties in a safe a safe and clean environment
• Be able to troubleshoot any Unit Under Test (UUT) and/or facility problems using digital volt meters, various gauges and manometers
• Must have good brazing/soldering skills, electrical skills, computer and troubleshooting skills of air-conditioning and electrical controls to perform HVAC test setups
• Understand test methods, computer aided data acquisition & test operation and provide accurate data records.
• Must be team oriented so-as to contribute to the overall effort of the laboratory in supporting its customers
• Drive continuous laboratory improvements by participating in team projects
• Communicate project status and/or problems to Lab Management, Test Engineers, and/or requesting engineers and other lab technicians.
• Work as needed in the overall upgrade of facilities…software…or test methods to maintain both internal and external credibility.
• Electronics or electrical engineering background preferable…
• Problem assessment and problem solving skills…
• Work effectively in an open consensus, team-oriented environment
• Results-oriented individual working in a role with minimum supervision
• Installation and operation of HVAC systems preferable
• Coordinate with quality engineer in interaction with UL/Intertek/ANAB to obtain and maintain metrology accreditation
• Maintain metrology METteam/METCal documentation system
– PM scheduling
– Repair documentation
– Ensuring calibration completed on schedule (coordinating calibration)
– Coordinate external standards calibrations and repairs
• Coordinate with quality engineer in FRACAS management
• Identify and coordinate writing/updating of Metrology procedures
• Coordinate with quality engineer creation and management of uncertainty budgets
• Performance validations for all tests in scope of accreditation
• Required: 2 Year Electronics Degree
• Experienced with air-conditioning and electrical controls a plus…troubleshooting electrical components…
• Microsoft Office with Excel…Word…
Calibration Experience a plus…
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.