Toxikon Corporation is seeking a Lab Assistant for our Analytical Chemistry Department. Candidates will be responsible for providing technical expertise in supporting preclinical studies conducted under GLP, ISO 17025, and various other regulatory agencies. Excellent communication skills needed as this position works closely with other research associates and scientists. Individual must be highly organized to handle multiple projects on an ongoing basis.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for solution, reagent and/or buffer preparation
- Routine mathematic principles, accurate record keeping, and good time management are essential skills.
- Operate, calibrate and maintain laboratory equipment
- Conform to SOPs and protocols, as well as ISO, FDA, GLP and other regulatory guidelines
- Assist in managing inventory for all laboratory supplies
- Frequent communication about testing plans with Supervisors, Study Directors, and the Research Associate staff
- Good interpersonal skills, proficiency with computers, organization and time management skills are required.
- Certificate or Associate’s degree in Chemistry or related science field.
- Or a high school diploma with previous experience as Manufacturing Tech, Assembly Tech, or in Medical Assisting
- Good written and verbal communication skills are needed
- Basic computer skills; ability to learn different software
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast moving environment while being detail oriented
This position is located in Bedford, MA.