Located in Salem, MA Titan Advanced Energy Solutions develops and tests industry-leading, ultrasound-based battery diagnostics systems for applications in electric vehicles, consumer electronics, stationary storage, and 2nd life market for re-purposing of used EV batteries.
Titan’s innovative strides have been recognized with numerous awards and funding from top clean energy programs and institutions, including Greentown Labs, the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC) and the Department of Energy. Growing and poised to continue on their positive momentum, this is an exciting time to join the Titan team!
Titan Advanced Energy Solutions, Inc. is looking to add an experienced Lab Technician to its innovative and dynamic team to join its mission to propel the shift toward world electrification and decarbonization through more efficient battery technology. The Lab Technician will be part of a small team responsible for testing batteries through cyclers. This is a critical role to help meet the massive demand of our technology. You will work closely with product management, software engineers, physicists and data scientists.
We are looking for a reliable team member who is a self-starter and can act as an expert in their field. Someone who enjoys hands-on work and problem solving! This role will work closely with product management and will report to the Head of the Battery Lab.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Setting up and conducting battery cycling tests based on predefined procedures.
· Devising, fabricating and assembling new or modified test equipment, with the assistance from the product team, to test products per specifications.
· Recording test procedures and results, including numerical data, graphical data and photographic data, recommending changes in product or test method as necessary.
· Maintaining proper housekeeping.
· Maintaining test equipment including cord flex testers and temperature recorder.
· Maintaining cleanliness of work area and ensures proper handling of tools, equipment and stock to prevent loss or injury.
· Performs a wide variety of routine and non-routine electro-mechanical assembly operations, troubleshooting, and repair.
· Follows work orders, schematics, and engineering specifications.
· Leading lab resource management and inventory fulfillment with foresight for upcoming experiments.
· Other duties as needed.
· Associates engineering degree or equivalent highly preferred.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
· Knowledge of temperature measurement equipment and testing fixtures for repetitive motions.
· Working proficiency with calipers and micrometers and other test equipment.
· Ability to lift 30 pounds unassisted.
· Ability to reach overhead, bend, and twist.
· Trustworthy and full of integrity – adhere to laboratory SOPs to ensure quality and safety.
· Detail-oriented and quality-driven.
· Proactive, able to meet tight deadlines, and thrive in fast-paced work environments.
· Effective and collaborative team player committed to achieving our common goals.
Learn more at www.titanaes.com
Titan welcomes applicants from every background – our diversity helps us thrive and serve our customers and each other. All employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit and business needs, without discrimination or bias. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability, please let us know.