Note: This is a full-time position, to be based in Singapore.
About Platform Services Team:
The Business platform team mainly builds platform services for the firm’s core business and provide business/technical solutions in areas including location-based, social and international payment services, serving a series of key products such as Toutiao, Douyin, Hotsoon, Xigua Video, Dongchedi, Duoshan, Fanqie Novel, TikTok, Helo, etc. (apps with hundreds of millions of users). In terms of technology, we are exploring a global technical architecture, optimizing infrastructure services with tens of millions of queries per second, building company-level large-scale general components and platform services, and providing architecture solutions for major events (such as Spring Festival events and Douyin Night, etc.). We are promoting the development of the ByteDance technology system. At the same time, we also learn from “Hello World” and strive to truly say “Hello” to the world. There are still many things to do, and there are many excellent people in our team. Are you interested in joining us?
We are looking for talented individuals to join us in 2021 – people who want to inspire creativity and co-create the future with us.
1. Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed;
2. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations;
3. Research and develop analysis, forecasting, and optimization methods to improve the quality of ByteDance core products like payment, growth, and game.
1. Final year or recent Master’s graduate students with a background in Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or a related technical discipline from a university;
2. Experience with statistical software (e.g., R, Python, MATLAB, pandas) and database languages (e.g., SQL);
3. Expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, stochastic models, sampling methods;
4. Experience articulating and translating business questions and using statistical techniques to arrive at an answer using available data.
1. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply early;
2. Interview starts from February 2021.