Our transportation group will hire a new Civil Staff Engineer – Traffic/Transportation next year (this opening is intended for current college seniors and persons finishing their graduate studies in 2022) in our Middletown or Shelton, CT office (this position will be hybrid with both office and work from home).
Tighe & Bond prioritizes the well-being of our employees through safety, health, and unmatched benefits programs. Our friendly and inclusive culture encourages collaboration with experienced professionals across disciplines to help develop rewarding careers for all. We focus on bright ideas, green strategies, and clear solutions to improve our environment and infrastructure for both public and private clients and as we succeed, we also give back through our award-winning Make a Difference community service program.
- BS degree in Civil Engineering (MS preferred)
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and MicroStation experience is preferred
- Roadway and/or Site Design experience with AutoCAD/MicroStation in the development of construction drawings is preferred
- Microsoft Office Suite experience is required
- Must thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment, love challenges and details, be resourceful, and have great organizational and time management skills
- Projects will include transportation planning studies, traffic impact analysis, parking studies, roadway design, intersection traffic control design, and construction observations/inspection of various traffic, parking and roadway improvement projects for public and private sector clients in New England with a focus in Massachusetts
- Traffic analysis and modeling (macro and microscopic modeling)
- Assisting with the preparation of reports such as Traffic Impact & Parking Studies, Design Reports, Functional Design Reports, Design Exception Reports, etc.
- Assisting with roadway and intersection design plan preparation, maintenance & protection of traffic, based on applicable design standards for various State, municipal, and private clients in New England
- Assisting with the preparation of contract documents, bid documents, technical specifications and quantity and cost estimates
Our best-in-class compensation and benefits package includes competitive salaries, bonuses, ESOP, profit sharing, 401(k) plan, employee wellness program, generous health care plans, flexible spending accounts, life and disability insurance, PTO, training and professional development, student loan paydown program and tuition reimbursement.
Tighe & Bond is a growing, well-established, employee-owned engineering and environmental consulting firm with 420+ employees. We’ve been recognized as one of the “Best Firms” to work for in the country. Our team of engineers, scientists, planners, landscape architects, and other professionals provides creative solutions for critical challenges that impact water resources, wetlands, the environment, climate change, and sustainability from eleven offices throughout the northeast.
Tighe & Bond is an equal opportunity employer and affords equal opportunity to all applicants and employees for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
- Fill out an online application on the Tighe & Bond website
- Preferred: upload your official or unofficial transcripts
- Optional: upload a cover letter that includes your areas of interest and preferred office location