Third Wave Automation is a rapidly growing startup company that has demonstrated its core technology components, proven the market fit, and closed an A-round raise. If you are excited about cutting edge machine learning, robotics that affects the real world, and want to join a company where your skills can have a huge impact you’ll fit right in.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. All qualified people are encouraged to apply.
Third Wave Automation is looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer to work closely with our world class team of engineers, designers, and manufacturing partners to take our products from prototype to production.
As a mechanical engineer you will be responsible for planning, designing, and testing our custom hardware designs. You’ll also work with our vendors and manufacturing team members to help improve our products.
- Provide engineering expertise in the design, development, and test of custom hardware.
- Develop 3D CAD models and detailed engineering drawings from scratch.
- Work closely with vendors and the manufacturing team to deliver products.
- Contribute to product development life cycles from concept through production.
- Track hardware issues, drive root cause investigations, and take corrective actions.
- Support multiple projects, identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles, and provide experienced recommendations on development schedule.
- Welcome new challenges and work independently across disciplines to both investigate issues and identify solutions.
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Work independently to plan and complete responsibilities with limited supervision or direction.
- Deliver high-quality mechanical design, documentation and implementation.
Skills and Qualifications
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or equivalent
- 5 or more years experience in similar role
- Experience with electromechanical and robotic systems
- Experience with CAD software for mechanical engineering
- Proven track record of contributing to shipped product
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Industrial automation experience preferred