thinkjet strategies is a Boston-based multi-state government affairs firm. We help organizations set the agenda by connecting clients with key decision makers and elected leaders on the state, local, and national levels. As trusted advisors to our clients and for many policy makers, our public affairs solutions create critical partnerships that strategically position organizations at the center of the conversation.
Our world class team of professionals is seeking a policy intern to help with legislative research, issue briefs, policy briefs, and statistical research.
The intern will work directly with members of the policy and research teams and will:
- Assist with a broad set of activities that support policy advancement within the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, such as legislative research, hearings attendance, and memo drafting.
- Complete research tasks as assigned, such as conducting literature reviews and background research; finding, organizing, and analyzing data of interest clients; and preparing memos, briefs, reports, and presentations to be used and distributed by the team for legislators, stakeholders, and others.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Typically work 20-25 hours per week.
Skills and Qualifications:
We’re looking for recent graduates or graduate students interested in the intersection of research, public policy, law, and education. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience working on housing policy, reasearch and advocacy, state policies and processes, and others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Familiarity and experience with qualitative and quantitative research and analysis.
- Familiarity with writing policy memos and issue briefs.
- Familiarity with the legislative process.
- Organized and efficient.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.