Packaging and Sustainability Intern
The Packaging and Sustainability Intern will assist in projects related to Packaging Design, Continuous Improvement and Sustainability.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
•Manage project in Packaging design, Sustainability and Productivity
•Evaluate processes and look for cost savings strategies
•Assist in the development and analysis of data to support pursuing productivity projects
•Create an end-of- program presentation to be given to members of management team.
•Assists Packaging and Sustainability Staff with daily duties and special projects.
Additional duties may be assigned as necessary.
- Ability to influence others without authority.
- Results oriented
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong computer skills (MS Office Suite, focus on Access and Excel)
- Anticipates needs and problems while creating solutions.
- Is curious, inquisitive, innovative, never satisfied with the status quo.
- Greets challenge and change as opportunity.
- Has courage and confidence to take risks and learn from mistakes.
- Inspires, motivates and collaborates with others.
- The ability to effectively shift priorities and work at a rapid pace required.
- Familiarity with Cost Benefit Analysis and Life Cycle Costing a plus
- Basic knowledge of lean six sigma tools and methodologies
Student in pursuit of a Packaging, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or Sustainability degree from an accredited program.
Many duties are performed while sitting at a desk or conference room, (e.g., operating a computer, using a telephone, or writing and analyzing data and/or reports, attending meetings). In addition, walking or standing within the office areas, manufacturing area and distribution is required.