The Engineering Intern, Lean Transformation Mission Based Team, is part of a dedicated high-performing team with the mandate to rapidly transform a product line in a value stream to reduce cycle time, improve product quality, eliminate waste, and improve operating performance. This position frequently interacts with business leaders to identify, analyze, and implement opportunities for continuous improvement. As standard work is updated and validated, this position partners with the value stream to sustain improvements.
- Deliver measurable business improvement through learning and then applying tools of Practical Process Improvement (PPI) Business System such as 5S, Daily Management, Value Stream Mapping, Single Piece Flow, Standard Work, Kanban, and Pacing
- Support development of sustainable systems which engage value stream team members on an on-going basis
- Write, test, and edit standard work
- Performs all job duties in a safe manner and obeys all safety policies and procedures
- Perform all job duties within ISO standards, regulatory or statutory requirements
- Performs other duties and responsibilities, as neededMinimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- Must be working toward an engineering degree at an accredited university.
- Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Mechatronics degree programs are preferred
- GPA of 3.25 or higher is preferred
- Lean / Continuous Improvement training and experience a plus
- Demonstrated leadership, project management and organizational capabilities
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to master a variety of software applications
- Ability to travel as required, <10% of the time
- Flexibility to work various schedules to meet the business needs