When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Manufacturing Engineering Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a mechanical, electrical, industrial engineering, or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with engineers and production assemblers in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The manufacturing engineering intern will contribute to new product development projects and production support activities.
What will you do?
- Provide engineering support related to product development projects including process development, , QC methods, production support
- Support a variety of manufacturing engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the department
- Create and implement essential manufacturing documentation (Drawings, procedures, data sheets)
- Design and build test fixtures
- Learn and apply Good Manufacturing Practices
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the Manufacturing Engineering Intern’s experience level and abilities
- A Manufacturing Engineering intern works under the close supervision of engineers, team leaders, and project managers
How will you get here?
- Junior or Senior Student currently enrolled in classes leading to BS degree in Mechanical, Electrical, or Industrial Engineering
- General chemistry or greater science knowledge preferred
- Hands on experience with using basic hand tools to assemble and disassemble equipment, including screwdrivers, wrenches, soldering equipment, wiring tools, electrostatic device protection, etc.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design and manufacturability of new and existing scientific instrumentation products
- Exceptional customer focus
- Desire to teach other engineers about technology in area of expertise
- Familiarity with of least one CAD tool such as Solidworks
- Aptitude for following procedures
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.