Job Title: Manufacturing Engineering Intern II
Summary of Internship
The Manufacturing Engineering Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a mechanical, industrial, mechatronics, or manufacturing engineering degree to get hands on experience working in a fast-paced manufacturing setting. The manufacturing engineering intern will contribute to engineering/manufacturing projects and advance continuous improvement efforts within the value stream. The position starts in June, paid working 40 hours per week through August.
- Provide engineering support related to manufacturing projects including continuous improvement (PPI), lean transformation, and general assembly
- Support a variety of engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the value stream
- Be involved with many aspects of manufacturing quality assurance within the value stream
- Provide feedback on specifications and designs
- Learn about manufacturing engineering through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements
- Specific tasks will be tailored to the interns experience level and abilities
- An intern works under the close supervision of Manufacturing Engineers and Value Stream Manager
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve products and manufacturing processes
- Exceptional customer focus
- Working toward Bachelor Engineering Degree – Mechanical, Industrial, Mechatronics, or Manufacturing
- Previous Internship Experience
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.