How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will gain experience by working with equipment, systems and methods in Thermo Fisher Scientific’s Fremont, California, Clinical Diagnostics Center of Excellence facility. The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will have an opportunity to learn the the manufacturing processes learn how they comply with quality systems in a cGMP, ISO 13485, FDA regulated IVD industry. The Manufacturing Engineer Intern will support the site’s Operational Excellence initiative.
What will you do?
- Maintains strict compliance with ISO13485, cGMP, QSR and other applicable Quality Management System standards.
- Works closely with process validation and quality assurance team to review and identify and make process improvements.
- Identifies work related hazards and assist with the implementation of safer alternatives.
- Demonstrates ability to set priorities and adhere to project timelines.
- Recommends changes or upgrades to equipment, standard operating procedures (SOPs), or other aspects of the process to improve efficiency and utilization of resources including labor, energy and raw materials.
- Supports, optimizes, implements and validates manufacturing processes to achieve the output, quality and cost goals of the organization.
- Collects, analyzes, and reports production data and applies standard scientific and statistical methods to analyze, document, and diagram production processes to identify strategic improvement opportunities.
- Verifies by evidence that products, processes, and operations meet specified requirements.
- Work with manufacturing staff on manufacturing processes and equipment utilizing industry best-practices.
- Communicates with cross-functional teams to improve processes
- Ground operations in efficiency and process requirements.
- College level Engineering, Chemistry or Biology major
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to collect and analyze data and information, problem-solve, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.