The intern will be utilized on a rotational basis with the CCG attorneys and Contracts Director, learning about LQRC and how all the different businesses within LQRC interact. We are a highly collaborative team, so the intern will have the opportunity to work on a variety of projects, which will include drafting, negotiating, strategizing, and advising on commercial/government transactions, compliance and sustainability, intellectual property transactions, legal operations and CCG LQRC & Corporate policies and practices. Supporting various business units through risk analysis and contract/law interpretation.
The LQRC consists of specialty teams with skills, knowledge, and expertise areas, so through this rotational program, the legal intern will support/work on issues such as:
- Brand communications
- Corporate governance
- Brand protection
- Intellectual property
- EHS/Dangerous Goods Transportation
- Trade compliance
- Quality control
- Healthcare and federal government regulations
- Contract law
In addition, the legal intern will visit a few selected CCG warehouses and customer service support centers. The legal intern will report to the Thermo Fisher CCG LQRC and will support business managers on a wide range of legal issues.
Preferred Background/Minimum Requirements:
- Strong communication and written skills and an ability to distill complex issues into simplified, practical solutions.
- An interest in the technology/manufacturing industries and an interest in developing a business-focused legal approach.
- A leadership mindset and a willingness to participate in meetings and negotiations.
- Solid team and social skills and a desire to interact with a broad array of internal clients
- Law student, preferably 2L, from ABA accredited top law school – top 25% class rank