When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Santa Clara / Bioproduction Division
How will you make an impact?
The Manufacturing Engineer Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing a Manufacturing Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with engineers in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. The Manufacturing Engineering intern will contribute to factory projects, perform analysis and implement improvements. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
What will you do?
- Perform analysis of the manufacturing floor (i.e. flow charts).
- Develop new programs (i.e 5S)
- Provide facilities support as needed.
- Support Operations for manufacturing related issues.
- Provide regular project status reports.
- Write assembly instructions, train, and support production personnel for custom assemblies.
- Present technical project reviews to Management
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned
How will you get here?
- Manufacturing Engineering or Industrial Engineering degree.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve the efficiency of the manufacturing floor
- Exceptional customer focus
- Class work in
- Facilities Planning and Design
- Process Improvement
- Self-motivated and mastery of problem-solving skills using investigative tools (5 Why, Fishbone, Fault Tree Analysis, 8D, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio)