What You’ll Get to Do:
As a 2022 Product Design Engineering Coop you will work in a new product development environment that develops a wide variety of plastic lab ware products from concept to launch. Availability January-August 2022.
Your ideas will bring new products to life as you collaborate with other design engineers, process development engineers, packaging engineers, quality engineers and project leaders to develop plastic products for life science, medical device, laboratory, diagnostic and consumer product markets.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a Co-op mentor in a new product development environment that will allow you to learn product development methods and grow your design engineering knowledge.
How You’ll Make a Difference:
- Partner with Great Coworkers: Participate on cross functional project teams to develop new products and manufacturing processes. Present engineering design and analysis results at technical reviews. Work with your Co-op mentor on specific engineering assignments.
- Solid Model Design: Develop Solid Works solid models that achieve design requirements using best design practices and industry design standards. Create detailed technical product drawings and customer product specification drawings utilizing GD&T standards. Complete engineering change requests and BOM updates.
- Design Analysis and Verification testing: Support design analysis activities by conducting tolerance stack-up analyses and design verification testing. Make arithmetic computations using standard formulas, calculate dimensions and tolerances.
- Develop Engineering Standards: Help to create and implement engineering design guides and standards.
- Currently enrolled in an Engineering Bachelor’s Degree program (Mechanical, Bio-mechanical, Bio-medical, or equivalent)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Creative, innovative and critical thinker
- Analytical nature & problem solver
- Responsive, results oriented and task driven
- Self-directed, well-organized with ability to manage multiple assignments concurrently
- Excellent documentation, planning and organizational skills
- Strong PC skills, proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Who We Are
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of $17 billion and 50,000 employees in 50 countries. Our mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. Through our premier brands – Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services – we offer an unmatched combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and comprehensive support. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
What We Do
We serve science and medicine like no other. Our customers help patients and do research with a variety of products such as general lab ware, ionized water, bioproduction, high-end injectables, and ocular medicine with some of the largest drug manufacturers across the globe. For others, we provide a consumer product line of well known Nalgene® water bottles.