ThermalTech Engineering, Michigan Division, is looking for Entry Level – Mechanical Engineer Consultants for design and analysis projects in commercial, industrial and institutional facilities.
We train and support motivated individuals to maximize their opportunity to succeed, and we reward their efforts with competitive salary and benefits, a generous performance bonus program, and excellent growth and advancement potential. Qualifications include:
- ABET accredited mechanical degree required. Ideal candidates will have studied thermodynamics and fluid dynamics and will possess strong computer skills, including experience with AutoCAD, MS Excel, and MS Word.
- 3.0 GPA or greater required.
- Auto CAD proficiency preferred.
- The successful candidate will have excellent problem-solving skills and will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as frequent interaction with suppliers, customers, and contractors is required.
- Must be able to work well independently and research code and design issues with available resources.
- Have a strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Successful completion of the FE exam is desired. It is expected that the successful candidate would be motivated to complete the requirements and examination for PE licensure.
Candidates work with lead engineers and design specialists as part of project specific teams. Team size varies depending on project size and complexity. Candidates will be trained to eventually plan and carry out all aspects of the design process including:
- Visit field to determine existing conditions, meet with contractors and code officials.
- Meet with clients to determine project scope, background data, and equipment preferences.
- Determine best methods to solve customer’s problems or needs.
- Make equipment selection using manufacturers’ information.
- Prepare designs and details using three dimensional AutoCAD and different programs as technologies advance.
- Prepare and edit technical specifications.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Be knowledgeable on mechanical and electrical code issues and construction methods.
- Institute quality control procedures to insure correct and accurate deliverables.
- Review design with client representatives.
- Perform construction administration by answering contractor questions and scheduling field visits to review construction status.
- Perform concept development, design, and analysis for projects, including boiler plants, chilled water plants, HVAC systems, combined heat and power plants, etc.
- Conduct facility energy audits.