ThermalTech Engineering, Michigan Division, is looking to hire a Full Time – Entry Level – Consulting Electrical Engineer. The requirements include:
- ABET accredited electrical engineering degree.
- The study of power system analysis, electrical machines, and/or industrial control systems.
- Strong computer skills, including experience with AutoCAD, MS Excel, MS Word.
- Great problem solving and communication skills.
- A strong desire to learn and succeed.
- Understanding of and commitment to doing what it takes to earn long-term customer loyalty (our company enjoys a repeat business rate of more than 95%).
Candidates must be able to work with lead engineers as part of a project team. Team size varies depending on project size and complexity. Candidates will be trained to eventually plan and carry out all aspects of the design process including:
- Fieldwork to determine existing conditions and meetings with contractors and code officials.
- Meet with clients to determine project scope, background data, and equipment preferences.
- Make equipment selection using manufacturers’ information.
- Prepare designs and details using AutoCAD.
- Prepare and edit technical specifications.
- Prepare construction cost estimates.
- Be knowledgeable on electrical code issues and construction methods.
- Institute quality control procedures to ensure correct and accurate deliverables.
- Review design with client representatives.
- Perform construction administration; including answering contractor questions and field visits to review construction status.
Perform concept development, design, and analysis for projects including: Power distribution systems for commercial/industrial/institutional buildings including new and retrofit projects, large chillers, boilers, pumps, motor control centers, switchgear, substations, fire pumps, emergency generators, UPSs, grounding systems, lighting design including interior, site, high-bay, exit and emergency lighting systems, communications, data and miscellaneous building systems including (fire alarm, PA, intercom, telephone, data), and VFD (variable frequency drive) configuration and startup