ThermalTech Engineering, Michigan Division, is looking for an Entry Level – Controls and Automation Engineer, willing to work with our lead engineers to serve clients in many aspects of consulting including:
- Building and maintaining long-term relationships with clients, vendors, and contractors.
- Field work and troubleshooting in a variety of facilities.
- Client/contractor meetings throughout the design and construction process.
Technical responsibilities include:
- Drafting in AutoCAD.
- Equipment selection and concept development of: PLC’s (programmable logic controllers), HMI’s (human machine interfaces), SCADA (supervisory control and data acquisition) systems, VFD’s (variable frequency drives), safety related control systems, communications controls networking (Ethernet, DeviceNet, ControlNet, Modbus, etc.), instrumentation, PID control loops.
- ABET accredited engineering degree.
- Interest in automatic process control theory, electrical machines, and industrial control systems.
- Completion of FE exam.
- Strong computer skills and experience with MS Excel, MS Word, and AutoCAD.
- Interest in increasing Technological skill and learning drafting in more advanced programs.
- Excellent problem solving, time management, and communication skills.
- Willingness to coordinate and execute multiple projects simultaneously.
- Positive, customer-focused attitude