Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a highly visible corporate department of approximately fifteen professionals with backgrounds in media, consulting, investment banking, and private equity who serve as in-house advisors to The Walt Disney Company’s executive leadership. The department’s activities and accomplishments have contributed to the growth and success of the company’s segments, including Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution and Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Examples of work we have done over the last several years include:
- Strategy: Disney and ESPN direct-to-consumer strategy
- Acquisitions: 21st Century Fox, BAMTech, Lucasfilm, Marvel, Pixar
- Joint Ventures: Equity Investment in Hulu, Combination of A&E and Lifetime
- Divestitures: 21st Century Fox’s Regional Sports Networks, Endemol Shine, FoxNext Games, Super RTL
Associate interns are expected to fill a very similar role to full time associates throughout their summer. Interns play a key role in new business development; joint ventures, acquisitions and divestitures; the development of the corporate strategic plan; and selected business unit strategies. The position entails building complex financial models in Excel, analyzing and synthesizing data from a variety of sources, and communicating information through coherent oral and written presentations. Associate interns develop excellent quantitative and qualitative problem solving skills while building a rich base of knowledge within the entertainment industry. Associate interns gain exposure to the executive decision-making process and have the opportunity to influence the strategic direction of one of America’s most successful corporations.
- Excellent record of academic and professional achievement
- Demonstrated analytical, leadership, and interpersonal skills
- A team-oriented attitude and an enthusiasm for mentoring junior team members
- A passion for business, media & entertainment, and technology
- Prior experience in investment banking, consulting, M&A, or corporate strategy
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in entertainment with world class brands such as Disney, ESPN, ABC, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, 20th Century Studios, FX, National Geographic, and Hulu that span industries and international markets. Join the talented team that develops and delivers premier content and unparalleled experiences to people around the world.
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2022 through August 2022
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be enrolled in a business school
- Must provide own housing and transportation in the Burbank, CA area (subject to conversion to a remote / virtual internship at the sole discretion of The Walt Disney Company)