Since 1992 our mission has been to see premium exquisite teas steaming in the cups of men, women, and children everywhere, and to emphasize a Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle. The Republic of Tea offers more than 300 premium teas, herbs, bottled iced teas and nature-inspired sipware. A socially and environmentally responsible business, The Republic of Tea is a debt-free, family-owned business dedicated to sharing our prosperity by developing products to support worthy philanthropic organizations as well as provide learning and growth opportunities for our Employees internally referred to as Ministers. Join our TEAm in Larkspur California, enjoy a dog-friendly work environment, energetic and passionate creative collaboration, and become part of the tea revolution!
The Republic of Tea is looking for a creative, passionate, organized and detail-oriented Print & Web Graphic Designer.
In this position your primary responsibilities will be producing content ready for print and web. This will include concepting visual themes, designing layouts, art directing, scheduling photography, styling, and photo retouching. Additionally, you’ll be responsible for various assigned packaging, collateral signage, display advertisements, and web platforms. You’ll also work with the Creative Director, eCommerce team, and Project Managers on digital media such as emails, banner images for websites, social media graphics, and other digital marketing material tasks.
- Conceptualize, design, and create retail catalogues.
- Manage timelines and communicate with printers/production for deadlines.
- Art direct, style and plan of photoshoots and produce in-house photography for printed materials.
- Develop material for web pages, digital ads, email campaigns and more.
- Support packaging production for various product structures and product types; product labels, gift packaging, etc.
- Ensure product label content is up to date and accurate. i.e., certifications, ingredients and more.
- Design and produce point-of-sale collateral including in-store merchandising, booklets, postcards, brochures, other event/trade show needs, etc.
- Execute co-branded projects for labels and marketing pieces.
- Produce in-house photography for printed materials.
- Assist with marketing/packaging research as needed.
- Advise and present insight to web design updates.
- Execute responsive design email marketing campaigns including QA and testing.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university required, preferably in a Creative/Design field.
- 5 years’ experience working in CPG or creative agency.
- Experience with directing photography/illustration.
- Proficient in Adobe Suite in a Mac platform.
- Experience in email marketing.
- Experience in designing for the web required, ecommerce websites preferred.
- Experience with Video editing
- Proofing skills (both color and copy)
- Knowledgeable in Color Theory
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Experience designing website elements using a mobile first approach.
- Basic copywriting experience.
- Must perform work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a Team.
- Ability to time manage and multitask a variety of projects.
- Good interpersonal skills – ability to take constructive criticism.
- Problem solver who thinks outside the box.
- Ability to be nimble.
To be considered for this position, applicants must include portfolio items. Please include a link in resume or attach additional documents within application.
The Republic of Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer