Co-Op, Manufacturing Engineering
Spring & Summer 2022 (January – August) / 40 hours per week
Housing allowance available to eligible candidates
As a Manufacturing Engineering Co-Op, you will be treated as a self-sufficient entry-level engineer with an assigned mentor for support and be empowered to lead projects that have an impact on the daily production operation. You will be working with a cross-functional team and be responsible to help resolve production issues and help Raymond meet its Toyota vision. You will assist in the development, planning, testing and/or modification of manufacturing processes and systems within a Toyota Production System (TPS)-based environment.
- Collect data and develop information to establish or improve manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Analyze data to determine machine or process capacity, worker utilization, and process capability
- Participate on an interdepartmental team to specify, design, develop, and apply manufacturing aids for improved ergonomics and increased efficiency
- Provide regular work updates to Lead Engineers or the department supervisor/manager
Your Key Skills & Qualifications:
- Currently pursuing a BS or MS degree in Industrial, Mechanical, Systems, or equivalent Engineering degree suitable to contribute to a manufacturing environment
- A desire to put coursework and applicable project skills to work on real-world problems and solutions in a cross-functional team environment
- Ability to successfully interface with a diverse group (i.e. manufacturing operators, engineers, leadership staff)
- Analytical with a strong orientation toward problem-solving
- Experience in SPC — design of experiments and data analysis
- Exposure to assembly and/or metal fabrication processes (i.e. welding, CNC machining / punching, metal forming press)
The Manufacturing Engineering team is responsible for building our product through all facets of the manufacturing process (metal fabrication, forming, welding, painting, and assembly). This includes design and build of tools and fixtures along with investigation of leading edge manufacturing technologies for defining future capital equipment acquisition. Our team provides technical expertise to develop solutions to production problems that may hinder our ability to achieve objectives. We provide a platform for innovative ideas for continuous improvement to reduce waste in the TPS production process and to increase our capacity to satisfy customer requirements.