Combining consumer surveys, retail point-of-sale data, and cutting-edge analytics The NPD Group delivers trusted retail industry research to the world’s most successful brands and retailers. We also offer careers that reward innovation and provide growth opportunities for forward-thinking problem-solvers who join our team. Speed your career growth, while working with the best and brightest in the market research industry.
The Food & Beverage team at NPD works with some of the most innovative companies in the industry. This team is currently seeking an Account Specialist to be an integral team member dedicated to supporting Food & Beverage manufacturers. This role reports into the Director, Client Development and will contribute to the engagement, satisfaction, and growth among our clients by providing value-added insights for decision making. The position provides the opportunity to make an impact leveraging fact-based insights and analysis, while developing the knowledge and skills required for continued success in market research solutions.
This position will be based in Chicago, IL.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Analytics & Insights:
- Leveraging proprietary data in a cross-tabular software system and other NPD data software and information sources to develop analysis which help our clients grow their business
- Proactively searching for meaningful trends within the data and sharing findings with both internal and external audiences in written and verbal formats
- Ability to identify, create and present a clear story within the data that is relevant and insightful to the Client’s business.
- Being an expert in NPD’s consumer data, methodology and tools for accessing data + other NPD product offerings (i.e. Foodservice, Health & Wellness etc.)
- Providing support to the team in managing the day to day activities to enhance client relationships, including but not limited to, sharing analyses on specific topics, answering relevant client questions, training/educating clients in order to drive adoption and usage of NPD’s strategic data sets, etc.
- Partnering with account leads and cross-functional departments to drive initiatives which support the sale and delivery of NPD’s solutions
- Understanding our Clients’ organizations and their business strategies, objectives, and challenges. Attend/present insights at Client Meetings.
- Problem-solve and maintain relationship with adaptability, urgency, and positivity.
- Manage creation and distribution of weekly, monthly, and quarterly on going “key insights” presentations and/or deliverables.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 4 year(s) of prior experience in a role which utilizes data and analysis to add value to clients
- Strong expertise in all MS Office products, Excel, PowerPoint, & Word
- Experience with NPD data tools including DecisionKey is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to work across various data sets and reporting tools
- Advanced interpersonal skills and strong orientation towards building client relationships
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Able to set priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, multitasking environment
- Very strong oral and written communication skills; Confident in presenting to groups
- Highly detail oriented – with commitment to total quality and data accuracy
- Knowledge of, and passion for, the Food Industry is a plus
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.