SENIOR JOB CAPTAIN
Experienced Senior Job Captain with responsibility to create and convey design intent through graphic and verbal presentations within an established architectural design office.
Reports to: Senior Project Technical Designer
Coordinates with: Staffing Director
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION/SKILL SET:
Candidate must have at least a minimum of 10 years of experience all phases of a project from programming to construction documents. Experience in construction administration desired but not required:
· Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Licensed to practice architecture in California, or path to licensure.
- Experience in building types including Type V, Type III, Type II and Type I.
- Experience with retail, office, hospitality and multi-family residential uses.
- Experience with Design/Bid/Build, Fast Track, IPD and other project delivery systems.
- Thorough understanding of U.S. building codes and life safety requirements.
- Strong understanding of building systems, materials applications and construction techniques, including coordination with other discipline designers and engineers.
- Effective graphic, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment.
§ Previous responsibility in overseeing and managing assigned staff.
§ Previous international experience desirable.
§ Strong design skills.
§ High degree of self-motivation, flexibility and resourcefulness
§ Deadline oriented with strong time management skills
§ Proficient in Revit and CAD
§ Participate in day-to-day project management of assigned projects
§ Project/construction site visits when necessary
§ Coordinate effectively with engineering and design consultants
§ Prepare construction drawings for contractors and permit agencies
§ Processing of projects at various jurisdictions and acquiring necessary permits
§ Compiling project specifications
§ Ensuring all vital information and documentation is recorded and maintained
§ Provide support for any tasks required for the successful completion of the project
§ Provide support and guidance to junior staff as needed
§ Attend project meetings and calls as required
§ Other responsibilities as assigned
- Open office work stations
- Hybrid work environment
- Domestic and/or limited international travel may be required.
- Some after-hours availability may be required for international coordination with clients, consultants and foreign offices