Experienced architectural designer with responsibility for design from the initiation of concepts through the preparation of design development documents on large scale, mixed-use projects.
Reports to: Design Principal
Coordinates with: Project Manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS/SKILL SET:
Candidate must have between 5 and 8 years of experience as a senior architectural designer with the responsibilities as indicated:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in architecture.
· Experience in large scale, mixed-use projects.
· Strong understanding of building systems, materials applications and construction techniques
· Architectural license preferred.
· Interiors experience, highly preferred
· Bilingual (Spanish/Chinese) a plus.
· Strong graphic presentation skills, hand sketching ability required.
· Knowledge and proficient use of Adobe Creative Suite required
· Proficient with AutoCAD software, 3D modeling skills preferred.
· Understanding of basic building code and life safety requirements, a plus.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written
· Ability to work in a collaborative environment
· Previous experience working with an Architect of Record desirable
· Previous international experience desirable
· Reviews program requirements with Design Principal/Project Designer and coordinates design criteria for project.
· Initiates the development of design concepts with Design Principal.
· Responsible for preparation of design documents that meet project requirements and office standards.
· Responsible to organize and prepare design presentations
· Participate in design presentations
· Responsible to meet project deadlines and schedules
· Responsible to meet project budget requirements
· Responsible to coordinate work with consultants.
· Hybrid work schedule
· Open office work stations
· Domestic and/or international travel maybe required
· Some after-hours availability may be required for international coordination with clients, consultants and foreign offices