JERDE is currently seeking an architectural designer who will work with project teams from the initiation of concepts through the preparation of design development on large scale, mixed-use and a variety of projects. Responsible to develop design concepts ideas and make presentation graphics.
Reports to: Design Principal
Coordinates with: Project Manager and Project Team
PREFERRED QUALIFICATION/SKILL SET
Candidate must have at least a minimum of 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience as a designer with qualifications and skills as indicated:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Architecture.
- Proficient with Revit, AutoCAD, 3DMax, Illustrator software , Photoshop and Lumion, preferred
- Rhino proficiency to include modeling of complex geometries, highly preferred
- Experience using Grasshopper plugin, highly preferrred
- Experience of rendering through Enscape, highly preferred
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Execute design concepts through diagrams, two dimensional drawings, and three-dimensional physical models under the direction of a Design Director / Design Principal and Senior Designer PM.
- Participate in design presentations as requested by Design Principal
· Communicate with project team members and on occasion clients as directed by Design Principal
- Coordinate work with consultants as needed
- Format files and operate laser cutting and 3D modeling equipment.
- Prepare design presentations and materials
- Responsible for preparation of design documents that meet project requirements and office standards
- Other responsibilities as assigned
· Hybrid work schedule – Presently set to work from home Monday and Friday and from Los Angeles office Tuesday through Thursday)
· Open office workstations.
- Domestic and/or international travel maybe required
· Some after-hours availability may be required for international coordination with clients, consultants and foreign offices