As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging specialist, you will be responsible for developing
portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling related to the electronics infrastructure.
As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging Specialist you will:
• Perform mechanical design and development associated with packaging electronic circuits
including, assembly design, analysis, test, and manufacturing introduction support for both new
and existing electronics design projects.
• Understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with materials, interconnects,
and environmental loads to develop a reliable design.
• Communicate with a team of multi-disciplined engineers (Systems, Electrical, Mechanical,
Manufacturing, New Product Logistics, and Product Information Management) for design and
logistic release approval.
• Investigate and edit product structures, generate CAD models, 2D/3D drawings and be
responsible for the final technical data package.
• Create, edit, review, and drive Engineering Changes to closure.
• Self-Checking and Peer-Checking department designs and change notifications.
BS Engineering with a major in any of the following, or equivalent experience:
• Mechanical Engineering (with Electronics Packaging Experience preferred)
• Industrial Engineering (taken under advisement based on work experience)
• 5 to 10 years of Mechanical design & logistics.
• The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized, and self-driven individuals.
• Ability to design and document all aspects of the electrical infrastructure including:
o AC, DC, Main power distribution (panel boards, boxes, and cabinets).
o Interconnect cables, bundles, and connectors (harnessing).
o Electronic racks, cabinets, control consoles.Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging specialist
o Interfacing with printed circuit board designs.
▪ Modeling of flex and rigid PWB’s including volumes and critical part locations.
• Experience designing electronic enclosure assemblies.
• Experience in sheet metal design.
• Experience designing for manufacturability (DFM) and developing assembly work instructions
for low to medium volume products.
• Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization (preferred
experience using NX).
• Experience supporting design fit check during integration & testing of electrical & electronic
systems at the module, sub-system & system level.
• Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards (i.e., NEC 70, NFPA 79, Machine Tool
• Knowledge of FEA is a plus.
• Working knowledge of wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams.
• Working knowledge of design drafting best practices including geometric dimensioning.
o Perform dimensional and tolerance analysis as needed.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
o Ability to write assembly, test procedures, test specifications and test reports.
o 3D CAD – NX preferred (currently using NX11), other 3D CAD programs acceptable.
o DMS – TeamCenter preferred (currently using TC10), other DMS programs acceptable.
o Master Data- SAP, other Master Data Management systems acceptable.
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the
course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents. Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging specialist
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality,
efficiency, and professionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers,
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.