We are a third party recruiting firm representing our Client: ASML
ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energyefficient microchips. They design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers – the world’s leading chipmakers – to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics.
Representing the world’s leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or microchips. This position will be based in Wilton, CT. We are looking for a talented Mechanical Engineer to join the Development and Engineering department. You will design and develop mechanics for some of the highest precision products ever produced in the world. This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer with ASML, you will be responsible for developing portions of the
lithography system and/or associated tooling. You will work on sub-systems involving
robotics, mechatronics, precision mechanics, and/or optomechanics. You will need to
consider kinematics, dynamics, material properties, and structural, dynamic, and thermal
analysis. Precision machine design starts with understanding the functional
requirements and deriving specifications. You will collaborate with system architects in a multidiscipline project team to develop concepts, perform engineering analysis, build, and test prototypes, generate detail CAD designs, create engineering drawings, partner with suppliers, and support system integration and test.
ASML is seeking an individual with a strong background in mechanical design and
engineering, including taking responsibility of the full “art to part” development cycle. A
background in mechanical design of mechatronics, precision design, or complex optical
systems is desirable, as well as good complex mechanical system intuition.
• 0 – 5 years of experience.
• Mechanical design exposure to kinematics, dynamics, material properties and
behavior, and structural analysis.
• Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization.
• Basic experience with mechanical analytical techniques, including “first principle”
engineering equations and Finite Element Analysis such as stress/strain/deformation, modal
• Demonstrated ability to derive conclusions from analysis and make practical
• Strong technical writing, communication, and presentation skills.
• Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
• High energy self-motivated team player with strong desire to learn.
• Customer oriented and willing to work with high level problem solvers daily.
• Possess strong leadership and ownership characteristics with commitment to achieve
results on time.
• Potential to develop into a technical leader in the organization.
• Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others
encountered in the course of work.
• Can learn and apply new information or skills.
• Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
• Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through
prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
• Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
• Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing
workloads and deadlines.
• Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
• Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
• Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with
• Demonstrate open, clear, concise, and professional communication.
• Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, coworkers
• Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
This is a contract role. You will work full time hours on-site at Wilton. Contract hires are
evaluated for conversion after 12-18 months based on performance, culture fit and
Shifts available at our Wilton facility including:
• Monday through Friday: 6am to 2:30pm
• Sunday through Tuesday: 6:30pm to 7am
• Thursday through Sunday & every other Wednesday: 6:30am to 7pm
• A challenging opportunity to expand your knowledge in a wide variety of engineering
application areas and to work on problems spanning all technical fields.
• Highly creative and qualified teams with a diversity of experience.
• Great career opportunities at a quickly growing high-tech company.
• World class technical problems to solve.
• Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and
kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the
• Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
• May require travel dependent on business needs.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral
depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability