Summary: Data Trust, a dynamic political data organization focused on developing and nurturing top talent focused on center-right leaning advocacy and support, is actively seeking a Political GIS Analyst. This full-time position will assist the GIS team with collecting and standardizing shapefiles, matching shapefiles to election results, and assisting with client requests. Significant time and resources will be spent developing data and spatial technology skills.
Why work at Data Trust?
Do you love maps? Have a passion for politics? Enjoy manipulating sophisticated data and learning about redistricting in real time? If so, you are looking at your dream job!
- Acquire shapefiles by reaching out to state GIS data centers, local county governments, or other sources of election data
- Standardize shapefiles into statewide files, if applicable
- Assist in collecting individual state’s new redistricted legislative boundaries
- Aid in the modernization and innovation of our database infrastructure
- Work with team members to evaluate and improve existing systems, processes, and customize requests to clients’ needs
- Adapt to ever-changing client needs and build a spatial understanding of campaigns and how Data Trust can help clients measure success and reach their goals
- Experience with various ESRI GIS products, ArcMap and ArcPro, is required
- Excel experience is required, SQL knowledge and experience are preferred
- Strong attention to detail regarding large datasets and shapefile manipulation
- Political background or interest is preferred
- Possess an understanding of how data educates and interacts with the political process on all levels
- You have strong organizational, time management, and prioritization skills that can operate in a sometimes high-pressure fast-paced environment while not missing deadlines or losing attention to detail
- Maximize use of downtime to broaden skill set and evaluate existing processes
- You love being part of a team, but can also operate independently
- An understanding and willingness to work outside of “9-5” as needed
*Note: In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. As a matter of company policy, we are not able to sponsor visas. *