Make your mark
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences, and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail and keep learning. We work hard, and have fulfilling personal lives. And we’re all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable and responsible.
At Clorox, we build big brands that make everyday life better, every day. We value our differences and challenge each other to think and act boldly. We try new things, succeed, fail, and keep learning. We work hard and have busy personal lives. And we are all able to make a positive impact – at Clorox, in our communities, and in the lives of millions of people who invite us into their homes. Make your mark and help us drive Good Growth – growth that is profitable, sustainable, and responsible.
Do you love all things innovation? Do you enjoy monitoring trends/startups and frequently find yourself testing new products/platforms? Are you curious what happens when cutting-edge science and business model innovation meet?
Open Innovation (OI) is about building a community that solves business problems that matter to people, society, and the planet. It is about being humble and curious about what’s happening outside the walls of one’s organization and one’s mind, and having the patience and resilience to make change happen.
Over the last two decades, Clorox has built one of the world’s best Enterprise Open Innovation teams. Open Innovation is housed within the Clorox R&D organization, and partners closely with all internal functions that drive innovation, such as brand marketing, consumer insights, product development and design, as well as external partners – other large companies, start-ups, suppliers, customers, consumers, consultants, universities, inventors, design and engineering firms. Innovation is, after all, a team sport!
This is a full time position, with the expectation that you will work 40 hours per week for a 6-month period starting in Jan 2022 (may be extended to up to 12 months).
- Research, explore, organize, summarize, and report on new and emerging Open Innovation tools and processes:
- Gain an understanding of consumers, business strategies, product and technology solutions, and profit models.
- Lead deep dive research and reporting on a specific business and/or enterprise challenge. Immerse yourself in a BU/enterprise challenge area, learn and report on external trends, new external technologies, and relevant partners, where you will:
- Learn from subject-matter experts (SMEs), global product and technology trends/insights, case studies, frameworks, analogies, and external immersions.
- Use tactics such as startup scouting, expert sourcing, market research, technology assessment, landscaping, researching, and networking to identify new insights and new partner options/strategies to accelerate projects.
- Prepare impactful reports that bring your findings together in an organized fashion to share with our BU and enterprise partners.
Desired Skills, Abilities and Experience
- Innovation attributes including Curiosity, Agility, Calculated Risk-taking, Entrepreneurial thinking, Willingness to Embrace Change, Fail Fast and Strategic Thinking.
- Strong computer skills, digitally savvy, desire to learn and understand how Open Innovation tools may be used to deliver actionable business insights and drive timely decisions.
- Demonstration of strong leadership, technical, communication (written and verbal), organization (especially digitally) and teamwork skills.
- Prior experience in consumer products or related industry, or a start-up is a plus, but not necessary.
- Current or recently graduated student in a BA/BS, MS, MIS, MBA, or PhD program.
- Education in one or more of the following fields of study: STEM field(s) such as Engineering, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics.
- Ideal candidate has a combination of strong computer/digital skillset, technology/sciences, and business acumen.
The Clorox Company and its subsidiaries are EEO/AA/Protected Veteran/Disabled/LGBT employers