ANet’s Assessment Operations Team provides seamless guidance and support to our content specialists so we achieve all Math and English and Language Arts (ELA) production milestones in a timely and accurate manner. We are seeking an Assessment Operations Assistant to assist the Assessment Operations Team with the development, design, and production of standards-based Math and ELA interim assessments to be administered online and on paper.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Collaborate with the Assessment Operations Team on the production and quality assurance of ANet’s interim assessments and their delivery in our online platform.
● Aid in the creation and revision of assessments in ANet’s Assessment Tool by selecting items, completing layout, and adhering to ANet’s style guide and assessment design principles
● Support in completing quality assurance testing of ANet’s online assessment delivery system (ADS) and its integration with ANet’s Assessment Tool
● Proofread and input items and passages into ANet’s Paper and Online Quiz Tool
● Implement improvements to online items, assessments, and analysis guides based on editor and team input
Collaborate on special projects including, but not limited to:
● Build assessments for partner-specific requests, such as content vetting
● Help to ensure all students have an equitable experience with our assessments by supporting with accommodations, including reviewing Text to Speech in our online platform
● Support with emerging production needs related to 2021-2022 assessment creation and administration
WHO YOU ARE AND WHAT YOU BRING
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must demonstrate the following:
● Proficiency in Google Docs, Google Sheets and Adobe Acrobat
● Bring exceptional attention to detail and organizational skills
● Strong editing skills and understanding of grammar rules
● Comfort learning and using new software, applications, and online platforms
● Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
● Ability to work independently and manage projects
● Ability to meet deadlines and balance shifting priorities
● Comfort with working in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, highly collaborative, and team-oriented environment
● Passionate commitment to and sense of urgency for the support of schools and believe that all students can achieve at high levels
● Motivated by working in an environment where we live out our core values daily. You are eager to examine personal archetypes and biases while discussing topics related to race, class, and privilege which relate to ANet’s Advance Equity and People Matter values, and our work towards becoming an anti-racist organization
WHAT WE OFFER
Individuals who join ANet have the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, values driven, and team-oriented organization that is committed to having impact in schools by investing in each other and learning together. We were named as The NonProfit Times “Best Nonprofits to Work For” and work tirelessly to foster a working environment where the unique perspectives, backgrounds, and identities of our staff members are valued.
This is a full-time position and is paid at a rate of $18.00/hour. Benefits we offer include: health, dental and vision insurance where ANet pays 80% of the cost of these benefits for employees and their families/domestic partner; generous paid time-off including 10 paid holidays and paid days off between the Christmas and New Year’s holidays; paid parental leave; retirement plan options; commuter benefits; tuition reimbursement; flexible spending accounts; short and long-term disability coverage; and basic life and personal accident insurance.