Who We Are
Textron Systems is part of Textron, a $14 billion, multi-industry company employing 35,000 talented makers, thinkers, creators and doers worldwide. We make things that fly, hover, zoom and launch. Things that move people. Protect soldiers. Power industries. We serve customers in industries spanning aerospace and defense, specialized vehicles, turf care and fuel systems.
About This Role
We believe people should love what they do – in this role, you will be responsible for:
- Providing a full range of proactive export compliance guidance to program management, contracts, procurement, business development, shipping, security and other functional areas, including domestic/foreign operations and subsidiaries.
- Preparing DDTC and Commerce license applications, Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing License Agreements and Warehousing Distribution Agreements.
- Determining applicability of ITAR exemptions, ECCNs, and use of Commerce license exceptions
- Working in collaboration with in-house attorneys and outside counsel to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Providing support in connection with internal/external audits and investigations
- Tracking application status, maintain database of granted export approvals, satisfy record-keeping requirements, and prepare required reports.
- Will interact with employees at all levels and will work both independently and with other members of the Legal, Contracts and Compliance Department staff on a variety of interesting international trade compliance matters regarding import and export compliance
Qualifications – External
- Currently pursuing or have completed a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Rising junior or senior pursuing a degree in business management, international business, supply chain management or related program. Preferred candidates will be second year law students enrolled in an accredit law degree program with an interst in export, trade compliance and national security legal topics
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
How We Care
At Textron Systems, our talented people make us successful. We promote an inclusive environment where we value individuality, differences, and unique perspectives.
Our Company is committed to offering employees opportunities to grow and develop. Our benefits and compensation packages are designed to help our talented employees excel and achieve their goals, so they can make a difference every day in and outside of the workplace. Below are just a few examples!
– Flexible Work Schedules
– Education Assistance
– Career Development & Training Opportunities
– Wellness Program (including Fitness Reimbursement)
– Medical, Dental, Vision & 401(K) with Company Funding
– Paid Parental Leave
Are you a Military Veteran?
Textron’s products and services are trusted everyday by those who protect our country. We are dedicated to hiring these Veterans and aim to translate their skills to make an impact on our Company.