Tevard Biosciences, an exciting company developing novel gene therapies for rare diseases, is seeking talented molecular/cell biologists to join its Cambridge, MA operations. The candidates will support the development and testing of tRNA-based gene therapies in multiple therapeutic areas. This position requires an innovative mindset, great attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively to solve difficult problems. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to positively impact patients with serious unmet medical needs while working closely with our world-class scientific team, including company co-founder Dr. Harvey Lodish (MIT).
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Engineer rAAVs for use in cell culture and rodent models.
- Design, troubleshoot, and execute assays in human cell lines to characterize the therapeutic efficacy and mechanism of action of Tevard’s novel gene therapy-centered platform.
- Work with external CROs to validate therapeutics in mouse models.
- Demonstrate a mastery of relevant scientific literature and advances in the areas of gene therapy and post-transcriptional mRNA regulation; conduct literature searches; communicate understanding in internal forums and with external collaborators and partners.
- Explore novel gene therapy technologies and transition existing approaches into new disease models as appropriate.
- A Ph.D. in Molecular/Cellular Biology, Neurobiology, Biotechnology, or a related discipline with a track record of relevant scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaborate with colleagues and effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks in a fluid, fast-paced work environment.
- Extensive hands-on experience with a variety of molecular and cellular techniques (qPCR, western blotting, next generation sequencing, production of rAAV vectors, human IPS/ES cell culture, etc).
- Ability to master new concepts and technologies quickly and run experiments independently.
- Scientifically rigorous, highly organized, with excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Postdoctoral or industry experience.
- Experience working in fast-paced team environments with stringent project timelines.
- Working knowledge of neurobiology and neurological disorders.
- Experience analyzing and characterizing neurological phenotypes in mouse models, knowledge of post-transcriptional regulation of gene expression, and/or hands-on experience with gene therapy is a plus.