Tevard Biosciences is an exciting company developing novel gene therapies for rare diseases. We are seeking a bench scientist (Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate) to join our Cambridge, MA operations. The successful candidate will be responsible for generation and characterization of tRNA-based gene therapies in mammalian cell lines. Prior experience in cell culture and strong molecular biology skills are essential. This position requires an individual who is energetic, collaborative, and self-motivated and offers the opportunity to positively impact patients with serious unmet medical needs while working closely with our world-class scientific team, including company co-founder Dr. Harvey Lodish (MIT).
Key responsibilities for this position include:
- Constructing and validating vectors (both standard and AAV) for expression studies in mammalian cell lines and rodent models.
- Developing and utilizing assays for gene expression including qPCR, Western blotting, immunohistochemistry, and other relevant techniques.
- Maintaining and differentiating cells lines and performing cell-based assays to characterize the efficacy and mechanism of action of Tevard’s novel gene therapy-centered platform.
- Ability to rapidly learn and carry out other molecular and cell biology techniques.
- Documenting and interpreting results, troubleshooting protocols, and summarizing data for team members.
- A BS/MS in cellular biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline.
- 2+ years of industrial/academic laboratory experience is preferred.
- Prior hands-on experience with mammalian cell culture and molecular biology techniques e.g. qPCR, immunoassays, vector design and construction).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized with significant attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a results-oriented research team.
- This position may require occasional weekend and/or holiday work.