Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term AND into late Summer 2022 (ie. through August/September). We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
The Electronic Systems & Autopilot Thermal team is looking for motivated students for multiple internship positions. Our team is responsible for thermal management of multiple electronics components across Tesla platforms as well as off-vehicle projects. We will provide training and mentorship for our interns, and the expectation is that they can work independently, take responsibility, and can adapt to our fast-paced and dynamic work environment.
We require our interns to stay for a minimum of 8 months (or a minimum of two academic semesters).
- Heat and fluid flow analysis
- Analytical analysis based on first principles
- CFD modelling (ANSYS or StarCCM)
- Test and validation of different components of Electronic Systems & Autopilot hardware across Tesla vehicles (S, X, 3, Y, Cybertruck, Semi …)
- Designing and building test fixtures, instrumentation, and data acquisitions systems.
- Run validation on bench top modules in the lab, as well as in vehicles.
- Data analysis, documentation, and providing summary reports
- Strong understanding of fundamentals of heat transfer, thermodynamics, and fluid dynamics
- Undergraduate students: demonstration of interest in the above fields through projects, research experience, …
- Graduate students: research work in a relevant field
- Experience in building test rigs and experimental work
- Experience in CFD and developing numerical models of thermal/fluid systems is an asset at any level
- Ability to break complex engineering problems into smaller problems that can be solved based on first principles
- Ability to work independently and take initiatives
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).