Tesla is seeking a manufacturing test development engineer who is interested in developing and sustaining Automated Test Equipment (ATE) for Low Voltage electronic hardware and systems.
· Work directly with Design Engineers and contract manufactures to create product test plans.
· Design, fabricate, and program automated functional test equipment for the manufacturing of electronic and electromechanical equipment (PCBA & Electronic modules).
· Design diagnostics and test software to interface with sensors and test equipment.
· Sustaining existing testers deployed at contract manufacturers
· Confer and collaborate with cross functional teams, hardware and software teams.
· Read, interpret, and diagnose schematics, wiring diagrams, and circuits.
· Ability to support contract manufacturing
· Ability to communicate in English with US colleagues.
· Background in analog and digital electronics designs
· IT knowledge and intermediate to expert level in Python
· Ability to troubleshoot testers and fixtures
· Interested in learning automotive protocols such as CAN/LIN standards, TCP/IP, i2C, SPI, GPIO.
· Motion control, computer vision, harness development, and/or Teststand a plus