Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
Tesla is committed to having industry-leading uptime and service for our deployed fleet of residential, commercial, and industrial utility scale solar, storage and charging systems. The Tesla Energy Fleet Health Team is looking to hire a full stack software engineering intern to help maintain and grow a world-class Network Operations Center (NOC). The NOC is used by our global asset management and engineering teams to proactively monitor and operate our energy fleet, leading to maximized fleet availability and minimized operating costs.
- Build out and maintain highly available mission-critical applications and dashboards with appealing visual designs
- Design client-side and server-side architecture while ensuring that non-functional requirements such as security, performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability are being considered
- Develop RESTful services and APIs for ingesting, querying, and visualizing data
- Work with product managers and other software teams to leverage their tools and infrastructure
- Contribute to the full software lifecycle including design, development of backend and frontend, documentation, testing, deployment, and maintenance
- Develop UI and API for internal applications
- Test software to ensure data integrity and efficiency
- Collaborate with colleagues in design and code reviews
- Currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated ability with SQL and comprehension of complex relational database schemas
- Experience with backend languages, libraries, and frameworks (e.g. Python, Golang, Django, Flask)
- Previous experience with Rest APIs and building them from scratch
- Attention to Detail
- Proven ability to work across the stack in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
- A passion for sustainable energy
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).