Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January or February 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Palo Alto, CA
- Sparks, NV
- Buffalo, NY
- Austin, TX
- Other Locations
About the Team
The Quality Engineering Team members are expected to have the skills to analyze data and surface takeaways and communicate recommendations to leaders at all levels in the company. Through the intern program, we are looking to find the next wave of talent to drive these efforts.
This position you will work as a member of Tesla’s Quality Team. The primary objective of this role is to support the production of high-quality products through the continual improvement of process and product quality and the systems that surround them. The successful candidate for this position must be a problem-solver at their core, have a strong quality & customer-focused mindset, and have the personal drive and stamina for relentless, continual improvement, personally and professionally.
What to Expect
Quality Interns will be responsible for providing on time support to our internal or external customers on Quality Improvement opportunities involved in both Vehicle and Powertrain.
- Monitoring our manufacturing processes
- Creating and monitoring quality data systems
- Identifying continuous improvement opportunities and implementing best practices
- Performing design engineering analysis and reviewing engineering documentation
- Capture and document root cause analysis
- Contain defective products through ownership of problem definition (8D’s), Root Cause Analysis (RCA’s), leading dispositions, and resolution effectiveness tracking.
- Reviews, develops, and implements revised/new processes using Six Sigma/Lean manufacturing
- Working cross functionally with various teams to achieve quality standards
- Detect non-conformances through use and standardization of SPC systems, and Change Control management.
- Ensure standards and specification by championing product/process Control Plans, Inspection Standards, quality and testing plans and instructions, Visual Work Instructions, and Technical Specifications.
- Prevent failed customer satisfaction and durability by coordinating Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA’s), product design specifications and tolerances reviews, past problem history, and supplier development.
- Currently pursuing degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical Engineering or other Engineering discipline
- Prior internship experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Evidence of bringing assignments to a successful completion.
- Strong verbal / written communication and computer skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to multi task effectively within a team environment in managing priorities.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).