Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January or February 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e. through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
- Fremont, CA
- Sparks, NV
- Buffalo, NY
- Austin, TX
- Other Locations
What to Expect
Typical duties of the NPI interns may include the following:
- Work collaboratively with fast-paced, cross-functional teams to solve complex issues, set goals, track deliverables, and report out.
- Coordinate and execute production line trials and critical validation builds.
- Manage cross-functional production launch activities, support pre-production build and launch activities.
- Assist in root cause identification of failures/problems and assist in building all possible solutions.
- Provide updates in weekly program and executive reviews for project/program development and implementation status.
- Assist in troubleshooting of system operational issues.
- Track project milestones including task duration and resource usage.
- Create reports showing critical path activities and schedules.
- Perform detailed analysis of problems and all possible solutions.
- Perform project walks with system owners.
- Review FMEA and provide technical input in the review process.
- Ensure proper close-out of the entire project/program.
- Other duties as required to meet project/program goals
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or advanced degree in engineering, project management, business or other related fields.
- PMP, PMI certificates or experience in project management is helpful.
- Experience working with design, development and implementation of projects. Preference in the automotive industry or high speed automated lines.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate dynamic cross-functional projects with engineering, supply chain, manufacturing and test to meet project timelines.
- Proficient at risk management and communication.
- Experience working in time critical and fast-paced product development.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Strong process and continuous improvement mindset.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).