Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January of 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term and could possibly continue into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
Tesla sets the bar for what a trustworthy & resilient charging network can be. The Supercharger team ensures that Tesla continues to deliver the best possible charging customer experience through proactive engagement and growth of the global charging network.
- Palo Alto, CA
What to expect
For Operations focused interns:
- Tracking and submitting documentation to electric utilities
- Data mapping, validation, reporting, and database management
- Coordination with other Tesla business planning and technical teams on the implementation of business strategies to ensure accurate forecasting
For Product / Program focused interns:
- Understand markets, competition, and user requirements in depth.
- Define project plans and schedules. Drive project execution.
- Identify and resolve conflicts, inter-dependencies, and program issues quickly and efficiently.
- Work with a cross-functional team of hardware engineers, application/UI software engineers, QA/validation, and designers.
For Operation focused interns:
- Student enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a field relevant to business, economics, finance, or political sciences
- Superb organizational skills with strong multi-tasking abilities
- Experience with data analysis and data mapping
- Knowledge of electric utility tariffs, utility regulation, and EV charging industry a plus
- Impeccable communication and presentation skills, both writing and speaking – ability to communicate effectively to a wide range of individuals
- Highly structured individual with affinity for organization, process, and creative thinking
- Highly energetic personality with an ability to function autonomously in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
For Product / Program focused interns:
- Pursuing a BS/MS degree in computer science or other engineering disciplines.
- Engineering background; software, firmware, or system testing experience preferred.
- Able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and navigate through an ambiguous environment; enjoys challenges.
- Ability to deliver results through influence without authority.
- Highly organized, with good time management skills.
- Desired to be proficient in Microsoft Office, JIRA, Confluence, and Git.
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).