Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January of 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term and into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year around program places the best students in positions that they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their Manager, Mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by given them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you’ll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the team
The Supercharging network, the world’s fastest electric vehicle charging network which includes over 24,000 Superchargers worldwide, is a critical enabler to Tesla’s mission to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. The Business Analytics intern is an integral part of global Charging business planning team and is responsible for providing data and insights on network performance.
The Analyst will focus on building the database and reporting necessary to measure key performance indicators for the Global Charging team. Developing intuitive and reliable dashboards using tools such as PowerBI or Tableau will be crucial to the intern’s success. The intern will be tasked with ensuring that the charging team understand the tools designed to help them increase their productivity. To be successful in this role, the intern will need to be experienced in analytics, be effective working on a project basis and be a strong communicator.
- Palo Alto, CA
What to expect
- Develop database, KPIs, and dashboards to facilitate business processes and increase transparency
- Ensure consistency, reliability and quality of all standard reports
- Automate business planning models
- Build ad hoc reports and analyses based on requests from the business teams
- Communicate effectively with managers to identify and address areas for improvement
- Provide support on usage of dashboards and tools
- Strong experience with SQL, PowerBI, Tableau and/or any other visualization tools. Experience with Python or other programming language is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of Database Management concepts
- Able to work independently and in a team, rigorous, detail-oriented, critical thinker and performance-driven
- Can do attitude and self-driven individual
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).