Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through the entire Spring term (i.e., through April/May) or into early Summer 2022 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team’s success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you will be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla’s mission.
About the Team
The Americas Utility Energy Sales Team focuses on the development of front of the meter energy storage applications for Utility, IPP (independent power producers) and developer customers. Projects range from renewable microgrids to large scale storage deployments for capacity or grid services. The team is growing rapidly in both size and impact as grid scale storage deployments accelerate
What to expect
Americas Bid Team – Intern will primarily support the Bid Team Leader across a multitude of tasks ranging from data and pipeline management efforts to supporting the bid team deliver high quality, accurate project proposals. An effective intern will use their analytical and technical skills across multiple projects such as creating improved accuracy of reporting, supporting bid preparation tasks, and providing detailed research on project specific topics that directly impact Tesla’s success. With guidance from sector leaders, the intern will be responsible for:
- Helping to improve the accuracy of data reporting and pipeline management across the Utility Storage sales team through close engagement with the individual Sales leaders. Database management and strong analytical skills with experience handling large volumes of data to extract insights and value is a requirement.
- Research and report-out on diverse topics such as new markets, uncovering microgrid projects, general policy updates and unique storage projects. A deep understanding and interest in energy markets, renewables and particularly storage is critical for the intern to be successful.
- Supporting proposal generation processes spanning all relevant stake holders involved in producing a proposal to meet all deadlines without affecting the quality of the submission including but not limited to Customers, Partners, Legal, Marketing and Engineering
- Supporting workflow processes in partnership with support organizations to generate fast, accurate, compelling quotes for customer projects
During this project, the intern will work closely with other cross functional teams across the business.
- Currently pursuing a MBA, MS, or strong bachelor’s degree in economics/engineering
- Demonstrated and extensive database management and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly communicate concepts and support hypothesis with data
- Ability to work across multiple teams to gain input and consensus
- Experience with energy markets and a passion for sustainable energy (preferred)
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step-by-step tutorial can be found here).