Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around January 2022 and continue through around July 2022 if available. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
About the team
Our team qualifies materials prior to cell production by examining material level metrics and correlating those metrics to cell level performance. Aspects of qualification includes safety, beginning of life performance, cost, and material degradation.
Location: Palo Alto, CA.
We are seeking highly motivated engineering students who thrive in a fast-paced environment and want to help accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy. Interns in our team work directly with full time engineers and support multiple, high-impact projects which will involve implementing existing techniques, developing new techniques, and analyzing existing data to rapidly recognize and solve key process upsets/deviations and performance gaps.
- Currently working towards a MS or PhD degree in a relevant engineering program such as Materials Science and Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Be available to work as a full-time intern for at least 6 months or more, starting January 2022.
- Experience with physical/chemical/electrochemical analysis techniques for high-Ni cathode materials in lithium-ion batteries.
- Considerable knowledge of cell chemistry, cell testing, and cell degradation.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong data analytical skills
- Genuine curiosity and willingness to learn new concepts and methods, design and execute experiments
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.