This is a great opportunity to work in a unique program that makes a truly wonderful difference in the lives of children and adults with a wide range of disabilities.
- Conduct an initial biopsychosocial assessment and evaluation of a member’s appropriateness for AFC, with ongoing monitoring as needed:
- Interview participants for the AFC services with empathy to problems such as personal and family adjustments, finances, employment, food, clothing, housing and physical and mental impairments to determine nature and degree of problem and recommends to AFC program team admission and individual goals.
- Secure information to complete referral process administrative requirements
- Submit all information to LTSS for AFC eligibility approval
- Evaluate, support and train the AFC caregiver;
- Coordinate initial intakes of potential caregivers at Tempus Unlimited.
- Conduct initial site visit to potential caregiver with Program RN; home assessment, discussion of caregiver roles in detail
- Submit recommendation to Tempus Unlimited AFC Supervisor for caregiver approval
- Provide program orientation to all participants and caregivers to insure safe practices
- Ensure implementation of the AFC plan of care; help participants to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems and participants part in creating them
- Conduct on-site visits with each member at the qualified setting for Level 1, bi-monthly (alternating with the bi-monthly visit by the RN); for Level IT, monthly.
- Complete a care-management progress note corresponding with each on-site visit or encounter and upon significant change.
- Conduct annual evaluations and assessments
- Make referrals to appropriate service providers if a member requires health or social services other than AFC
- Provide timely assistance and respond to urgent or emergency needs of the member
- Compile and maintains participant records as required according to policy and procedures
- Develop an emergency backup and personal care contingency plan for each member, which include an alternative care plan for the member if the AFC caregiver is temporarily unavailable or unable to provide care.
- Implement Commonwealth of MA regulations (130 CMR 408.000) that are published as Sub-Chapter 4 of the Adult Foster Care Manual.
- Implement Tempus AFC Policy and Procedures to assist participants in establishing program goals and positive outcomes.
- Provide emergency coverage and resource for participants living in the community.
- Report all instances to AFC Supervisor and assigned AFC RN, as appropriate.
- Prepare required reports to insure AFC Program meets all requirements and regulations and inform Tempus AFC Supervisor on any conditions in participant situations or local agencies which may impact the provision of service.
- Professional, friendly and understanding of the consumer’s situation
- Attentive to details
- Able to work efficiently as a team player
- Self-motivated, strong communicative skills
- Competent with data entry and basic formula understanding and application
- Willing to learn new information daily
- Punctual, dependable, ethical
- An advocate for members/families
- Culturally aware and sensitive/empathetic
- Critically analyze, develop strategies
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years clinical experience in the care of elderly or disabled persons