At Technip Energies, we believe in a better tomorrow and we believe we can make tomorrow better. With approximately 15,000 talented women and men, we are a global and leading engineering and technology company, with a clear vision to accelerate the energy transition. Designing and delivering added value energy solutions is what we do.
Genesis is a global business unit of Technip Energies, providing impartial consulting services to its Clients in traditional hydrocarbon and the energy industries. We have an unrivalled track record of bringing high-impact solutions to clients; Our mission is to be a trusted advisor on the journey to a sustainable future. We’re problem solvers who are at the forefront of innovation and our world-class experience, individual expertise and collective wisdom is what differentiates Genesis in today’s market.
If you share our determination to drive the transition to a low-carbon future, then this could be the job for you. We are currently seeking a Graduate Process Engineer – Energy Transition to join our team based in Houston, TX.
About the Job
Primary function on the project would be to support the lead engineer in various hydrocarbon processing and Energy Transitions Process Engineering activities. The activities could range from conceptual stages of the project to operations support. There will be cross training opportunities in related fields like process safety, Environmental, Flow Assurance, reliability, Process design, Dynamic simulations.
There will be a lot of on job training opportunities in a very open environment, but the training progress would depend on self-initiative
We offer you not only a job, but an inspiring journey in a truly global environment where you team up to break down boundaries thanks to the innovation, creativity and pioneer spirit which drive our people.
We’d love to hear from you if your profile meets the following essential requirements:
- Masters or PhD in Chemical Engineering or related fields
- 0-3 years of industry experience
- Basic understanding of Hydrocarbon processing,
- Research background (Thesis) in one of the following
- Carbon capture and disposal
- Blue/ Green/ Purple Hydrogen
- Fundamental knowledge of design and simulation (HYSYS/Unisim) of processing facilities/systems and equipment, from conceptual to P&ID defined levels.
- Fundamental knowledge of selection, design, performance evaluation and debottlenecking/troubleshooting of vessels (separators, towers), heat exchangers, piping, control valves, PSVs and other safety systems.
- General working knowledge and fundamentals in the areas of thermodynamics, loss prevention and risk assessment, Process/hydraulics, materials/corrosion, instrumentation and controls, measurement and metering, and rotating equipment.
- Able to apply industry/engineering standards
- Programming experience in python, R, Java would be preferred.
- Practical experience in data science would be preferred.
Once receiving your application, a recruiter performs an initial check and a review is further carried by hiring manager. We expect to take up to a few weeks to perform that review. If you hear from us, it is because we want to organize interviews and meet with you physically, or virtually, depending upon the location. To get an overview of the recruitment process, visit our dedicated webpage here