Team IMPACT is a national nonprofit that promotes healthy social and emotional development for children living with life-altering diagnosis and illnesses by matching them with a local college athletic team. The team provides an extended support network for the child and their family using a strengths-based, future-focused perspective. This two-year therapeutic mentoring program provides children with a true sense of belonging and focuses on building confidence and resilience while encouraging healthy behaviors. To date, Team IMPACT has matched over 2,200 kids on over 750 campuses, and 60,000 student athletes have participated in the program.
Team IMPACT is an equal opportunity employer, committed to advancing health equity and cultivating an environment where diverse perspectives and backgrounds are embraced. Building a diverse team in every sense of the word allows us to make better decisions, build a strong organization, and better serve all our communities. To that end, we welcome a diverse pool of applicants, and we encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to this hiring process and to their role at Team IMPACT.
The Finance Coordinator will play an integral role in managing the fiscal operations of Team IMPACT. Reporting to the National Director of Finance, the Coordinator will have responsibility for the daily fiscal and accounting activity including, but not limited to, budget monitoring, accounts payable/receivable, and the monthly reconciliation process. The Finance Coordinator will also prepare and distribute monthly budget reports to unit leaders, while also assisting the in the preparation of Executive Team and Board level reports. Finally, this position will also contribute to the annual audit process as well as the budget development process.
This is a fantastic opportunity with growth potential for a driven finance professional to play a critical role in supporting our organization as we seek to provide an opportunity for every child facing a life-altering diagnosis to have access to Team IMPACT.
This position will be responsible for key accounting and financial management duties, including, but not limited to the following:
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable activity, including invoice processing, monthly reconciliation, and reporting.
- Review accounts receivable activity and reconcile to bank activity and internal financial software program.
- Aid Development team with data entry and integrity within internal CRM system.
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner.
- Monitor budgets and prepare reports monthly for unit leads with analysis of activity.
- Assist in annual budget development process through historical analysis, review of requests, and formulation of budgeting principles.
- Participate in monthly financial close activities, including general ledger reconciliation, AP/AR aging reports, balance sheet and income statement
- Assist in annual audit activities; maintain financial record files for compliance and best practices
- Interpret and apply accounting policies and rules, with oversight, to all work to ensure compliance with applicable standards.
As incoming Finance Coordinator, you will possess most, though perhaps not all, of the following characteristics and qualifications:
- Passion for Team IMPACT’s mission and the families and student athletes we serve.
- BA degree in accounting, finance, economics, or related field.
- 2+ years related work experience, preferably within a non-profit organization.
- Strong financial and analytical skills in the areas of accounting, budgeting, controls, and reporting.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple responsibilities and projects concurrently.
- Proficient with Excel and Quickbooks.
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Highly collaborative with ability to manage multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Belief in Team IMPACT’s mission, the power of team, and the power of mentoring.
Team IMPACT offers a competitive salary and benefits, including health insurance, 401k w/match, a generous PTO structure and professional development opportunities, all commensurate with experience and skills. Team IMPACT’s main headquarters are located in Marina Bay in Quincy, Massachusetts. Office attendance is currently optional, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. It is expected that this position will require some work to be performed in-person in the future, as we continue to manage the changes to our physical
workplace and associated policies.
Team IMPACT was certified as a Great Place to Work in 2021, the global authority on workplace culture. Come join our amazing team! Working at Team IMPACT | Great Place to Work®
HOW TO APPLY
Please email a resume and cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to Careers@TeamIMPACT.org. Materials can be addressed to Brendan Sullivan, National Director of Finance.
Applications for this position will be reviewed on a rolling basis.