At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
As an intern at TE Connectivity, you will gain experience working for a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. TE Interns apply their classroom experience to value-add projects that create impact across our businesses.
Throughout the 10-12 week Summer Internship Program, TE Interns receive a high touch onboarding experience to support their transition from school into the workforce. Interns come together weekly for events such as professional development workshops, executive panel discussions, networking events, plant tours, community involvement, etc. Each intern is assigned a mentor, specific to their development & interests to support them with navigating their internship. Our program has been named to Way Up’s Top 100 Internship Programs List for the past two consecutive years & over 96% of our previous interns would recommend TE’s Internship Program to a friend.
After the internship, students will have gained tangible experience to build their resume & kick start their career. All TE Interns are evaluated and considered for return internships & full-time career opportunities upon graduation.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE
As a Material Scientist Intern, you’ll have the opportunity to:
- Support ongoing R&D projects in development of high-performance polymer composites, specifically in area of thermoplastic
- Assist in polymer formulation development
- Assist in the chemical and mechanical analysis of new polymeric material formulations
- Assist in the polymer processes such as extrusion, injection molding, or printing.
- Assist in the prototype building and evaluation of product performance
- Conduct literature search, document experimental data, generate technical reports, and present results at group meetings
This position is located at our Freemont, CA site.
What your background should look like:
- Pursuing a MS/PhD, preferably in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related field of study
- Highly motivated individual able to learn quickly and work with minimal supervision
- Has a good fundamental understanding of the correlations between materials compositions, materials processing, and materials properties.
- Hands-on experience in a laboratory environment, and experience in characterization of mechanical, rheological, surface & interface, or electrical properties of materials.
- Experience/knowledge in polymers and polymer composites a plus
- Demonstrated ability to define a problem, develop multiple approaches to obtain a successful solution,
- Ability to deliver given tasks on time and work efficiently within a team environment
- Good writing and oral communication skills
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets