At TE, you will unleash your potential working with people from diverse backgrounds and industries to create a safer, sustainable and more connected world.
TE Connectivity seeks a Construction Management Intern for summer 2022.
As an intern at TE Connectivity, you will gain experience working for a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. TE Interns apply their classroom experience to value-add projects that create impact across our businesses.
Throughout the 10-12 week Summer Internship Program, TE Interns receive a high touch onboarding experience to support their transition from school into the workforce. Interns come together weekly for events such as professional development workshops, executive panel discussions, networking events, plant tours, community involvement, etc. Each intern is assigned a mentor, specific to their development & interests to support them with navigating their internship. Our program has been named to Way Up’s Top 100 Internship Programs List for the past two consecutive years & over 96% of our previous interns would recommend TE’s Internship Program to a friend.
After the internship, students will have gained tangible experience to build their resume & kick start their career. All TE Interns are evaluated and considered for return internships & full-time career opportunities upon graduation.
Click here to learn more about Life at TE.
Assist construction managers with day to day activities associated with large and small scale construction project work such as:
- Participation in various construction related meetings with Architect and Engineering firms, contractors, facilities and internal TE project teams.
- Observe work in progress on each project to ensure that standard construction practices and procedures area in place and that all work conforms to design drawings, specifications, budget and schedules.
- Assist with construction estimates with the Construction Team.
- Assist with preparing meeting minutes, agendas, printing documents for reviewing.
- Inspect workmanship of completed installation including punch list items.
- Understanding of construction safety practices, OSHA regulations, federal, state and local requirements. Ensure that all contractors are compliant with TE contractor safety program.
This position is located at our Greensboro, NC site.
What your background should look like:
- Working toward a bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or closely related field with a graduation date of August 2022 or later.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as architectural and engineering construction plans, specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondences.
- Ability to communicate and interact verbally and written with other related field project team members: Architects, Engineers, Developers, Real Estate Managers, Contractors, Subcontractors and Vendors.
- Must be proficient with computer programs: MS Outlook, Word and Excel, Power Point.
- Knowledge of MS Project and Auto cad is a plus.
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.
EOE, Including Disability/Vets