TAP Advisors LLC (“TAP”) is seeking Summer Analysts to support our senior bankers on M&A advisory and financing transactions. Summer Analysts will play a key role in the entire transaction process and will have direct contact and exposure to our large corporate client base and management teams. Summer Analysts will work with the TAP’s senior bankers, with over 100 years of collective investment banking experience, to gain deal execution experience.
Founded in October 2009, TAP is a boutique investment bank that provides strategic and tactical advice to both public and private companies worldwide. TAP offers a full range of M&A advisory services, private financing solutions and expertise in international transactions. Whether a large domestic or cross-border merger or a private equity placement for a growth company, TAP dedicates senior-level, experienced professionals who can provide expert advice and judgment to each of our clients.
TAP covers the TMT, Health Care, Consumer & Retail, Financial Institutions and FinTech verticals, but continues to execute a wide variety of projects in a diverse set of industry sectors, including recent projects in the Real Estate, Aerospace and Automotive industries.
Summer Analyst Duties:
- Extensive due diligence and process management for both buy-side and sell-side transactions
- Industry and company research
- Presentation preparation for client meetings
- Development of marketing and transaction materials such as teasers, contact lists, information memoranda and management presentations on topics such as M&A/Strategic alternatives or private placements
- Develop financial/valuation analyses including comparable company analysis, M&A analysis, precedent transaction analysis, leveraged buy-out analysis, discounted cash flow analysis, accretion-dilution analysis
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Previous financial modeling experience is a plus.
- High level of energy and flexibility with a positive, team oriented “can-do” attitude
- Strong teamwork orientation, integrity, intellectual curiosity and dedication to providing the best product to clients
- Ability to meet hard deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Prepared to work in a more entrepreneurial role
- Outstanding academic record; emphasis in Finance, Engineering or Mathematics a plus
- Previous investment banking experience is a plus
- Knowledge of CapIQ (or similar data products) is a plus
- Multilingual a plus
- Specific Telecom, Health Care, Consumer & Retail and FIG experience not required