Park Hills, Missouri
Tanaq Environmental, LLC. (TEL) delivers environmental engineering, investigation, consulting, and remediation services to local, state, and federal agencies in the areas of hazardous & toxic waste restoration and military munitions site management. Tanaq is a subsidiary of the St. George Tanaq Corporation, an Alaskan Native Corporation (ANC) committed to serving Federal customers while also giving back to the Alaskan native community and shareholders.
TEL is seeking an Environmental Technician for long-term contract positions to support US Government oversight of environmental remediation at various Superfund sites in Southeast Missouri. Job requires collection of environmental samples (soil, groundwater, surface water, and sediments) at project sites. The job also requires basic understanding of environmental remediation concepts and ability to monitor construction contractors to ensure performance of work in accordance with environmental and contractual requirements.
- Collection of soil, groundwater, surface-water, and sediment samples.
- Onsite observation of environmental cleanup contractors.
- Documentation of field activities and note-taking.
- Evaluation of contractor performance in accordance with approved plans.
- Coordination and interaction with homeowners and public in support of government client.
- Travel to potentially contaminated sites throughout SE Missouri (vehicle provided and out of pocket costs reimbursed).
- Potential travel to other sites within US to support environmental investigations or cleanup efforts (travel expenses compensated).
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of four years of experience as an environmental technician.
- Strong commitment to site safety and adherence to safety plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Organizational skills and ability to plan and manage multiple tasks simultaneously (good time management skills).
- Experience using Microsoft Office suite software (including Outlook, Word, and Excel).
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to execute multiple assignments at various locations, providing a consistently high level of quality and accuracy.
- Professional demeanor with a positive, solution-seeking attitude and personal responsibility.
- Prior experience working in environmental field.
- Current driver’s license, safe driving record, ability to work outdoors in various weather conditions, and physical ability to lift at least 30 pounds (required for sample collection and shipping).
Education and Training
- High school diploma required. College degree preferred.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training with current annual 8-hour update is a plus; training may be provided for otherwise qualified applicants as required.
Who We Are
TEL provides Environmental Consulting and Remediation services under the Comprehensive Environmental Response, Compensation and Liability Act (CERCLA), Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA), Underground Storage Tank (UST) and Military Munitions Response Program (MMRP) remediation services, studies and reporting.
TEL is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify. All employment decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We welcome and encourage diversity in our workforce. Our policies provide equal employment opportunity to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local laws. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please contact us for assistance.