Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Business Analyst in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Consults with business processes improvements within the area of responsibility.
- Facilitates setting business priorities for and leading changes and system implementations.
- Solves problems, advises about operational needs, and gives expertise on business processes opportunities.
- Provides Communications support such as writing department Newsletters, building SharePoint sites, supporting Communications and Training campaigns
- Consults on identifying, investigating, and problem-solving, discusses and escalates issues appropriately.
- Advises stakeholders to prioritize requirements and to ensure the total solution delivered to the customer meets/exceeds expectations.
- Executes and integrates small to medium-scale changes and requirements in the delivery of projects.
- Uses analytical approaches and independent judgment to proactively identify and assist in executing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Interacts with department/project team members by leading and/or being a primary resource on less complex projects within a clear framework of accountability
- Builds and maintains relationships with Business Stakeholders.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES, AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 0-5 years relevant experience.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment.
- Understanding of how IT efforts are tied to the achievement of business goals.
- Ability to prepare and execute business meetings virtual, face-to-face, cross-functional, local, or global to ensure meeting required deliverables.
- Experience in communicating effectively to business and IT leaders on content, context, process, and decision making.
· Bachelor’s Degree.
- Relevant travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
This Posting Excludes CO Candidates
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.